Apple Upside Down Cake
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Fall is upon us. Time for apple goodness. Give this one a whirl and let us know how it goes.
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ¼-1 ½ LB small apples (about 6 apples cut in half, stemmed, and cored)
- 1 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle in brown sugar over butter and stir.
- Arrange 9 apple halves in mixture. Cut sides of apples so they fit flat to bottom of pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until bubbly.
- Coarsely shred remaining apples.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon
- Add shredded apples, milk, ¼ cup butter, egg, and vanilla
- Beat mixture until well combined.
- Spoon mixture over apples, spread evenly
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick poked into cake comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes then invert onto plate.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!