Becky’s Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
Monday, March 4th, 2013
This is a family favorite that this family has been enjoying for at least 30 years. It is a must try.
- 1/2 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup poppy seeds
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup anisette flavored Liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flower a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Put poppy seeds in boiling water. Let soak 30 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool 20 minutes.
Remove from pan and let it cool completely.
A little tip from an expert; don’t wait for the cake to be completely cooked on top. The undercooked, gooey bits are delicious. Enjoy!