Becky’s Sugar Cookies Recipe
Friday, November 1st, 2013
I have been enjoying these cookies for decades. They are slightly chewy and very delicious. I remember getting them in care packages in college (and beyond). The key is to not overcook them. Keep an eye on the first couple batches to see how long it takes your particular oven to get them perfect.
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups of flour (all purpose is fine)
- Mix all the ingredients. Place dough in refrigerator to chill (overnight usually works best).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out dough 1/2″ thick. Cut out fun shapes.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet until light brown.
- Decorate any way you want.