Drink of The Month: Cosmopolitan
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Okay, so this is a little pedestrian, but there are a couple small tweaks that can take a regular cosmo to a new level. If your bartender gives you one that looks like regular cranberry juice go to a new bar.
Here is what you need:
- Citrus Vodka – Ketel One Citrus is my favorite, or Absolut Citron. Grey goose doesn’t even make their own vodka so I stay far away from that stuff. Good marketing though.
- Grand Marnier or Cointreau – If you are on a budget triple sec will work but not ideally.
- Cranberry Juice – Knudsons is good if you can find it. Just don’t get the diet stuff.
- A Lime – Cut into 6 wedges.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 ½ oz Citrus Vodka
- ¾ oz Grand Marnier
- ¾ oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 wedge of lime
- Fill your shaker with ice
- Add all the liquid
- Squeeze the lime wedge into shaker
- Okay, pour into martini glass
If you are feeling fancy put a lemon peel in there.